Another month another Open Thread! Here’s a discussion starter:
Write what you like on topics within the general ambit of this blog, but here’s some suggestions for useful contributions:
- links to recent posts/articles that relate to topics covered by the FAQs here (and the best links might even be added to the Further Reading Lists on some of those FAQs);
- mentions of current events that illustrate examples relevant to the FAQs here;
- links to posts/articles covering beyond-101 topics, as matters of general feminist/womanist interest;
- recommendations on people/hashtags to follow on Twitter etc;
- shameless self promotion of events, new blogs, new projects etc but keep it on-topic – feminist/womanist/intersectional and progressive;
- let me know about any dead links on the older posts, and I’ll see if I can find a cached/archived version and update the link.
As a courtesy to other readers, please include content notes for any NSFW content or content that would be rated PG+ if it was part of a movie or would be prefaced with a “this may be distressing for some viewers” disclaimer on the TV news. This is so that others may make an informed choice on an appropriate time and place for reading such content.
All comments will go to the moderation queue, and the queue will be attended to in chunks in two or threeintermittent modding sessions rather than dealt with as items arrive. So please have patience – so long as you abide by the comments policy your comment will eventually appear. If you don’t abide by the comments policy your comment may still appear in a redacted form, with all redactions noted as such for transparency.
P.S. WordPress notifications of comments requiring moderation here aren’t coming through to my email at the moment. I’m trying to fix that, but it’s making comment moderation take even longer than usual.