- You will find that you are not alone in thinking something is disturbing and unjust with the way that society deals with gender.
my first encounter with feminist writing reassured me that i wasn’t insane, and that amongst other things, it was in fact normal to be bothered by violence and misogyny.
This is one of a series of testimonials from bloggers via a meme on feminism. Find more of these testimonials using this Google search string “5 things feminism has done for you”
(If you want your own feminist testimonial to show up on that search, write a post using the quoted words in the post-body)
- You will find ways to actively work for reform, both singly and collectively.
- Association for Women’s Rights in Development
- Global Fund for Women
- UNIFEM: United Nations Development Fund for Women
- UN: Womenwatch
- Global List of Women’s Organisations
- Emily’s List
- National Foundation for Australian Women
- Govt: Office of the Status of Women
- Women on Boards
- Women’s Electoral Lobby
- India Women’s Organisations (Names and contact details, no websites)
Feed the FAQ! Links to national directories of women’s activist organisations for other countries, please! (Or if someone knows an existing international directory that I’ve missed, even better)